Personal Assistant/Carer - Runcorn, Ref: ADAH01/EH
Several Personal Assistants required to support a young lady to live at home - part time and full time shifts available (up to 30hrs a week plus 2 x Sleeping Nights), in Runcorn (WA7).
The client is very interactive, and communicates verbally with sounds, expressions, movements and gestures. She enjoys watching animals, helping with cooking, loves being in the hydro pool, likes listening to music, watching TV, discos and being with her family and friends.
The client is 24 years old and lives with Retts Syndrome, ADHD, Autism, Severe Visual Impairment and a Severe Learning Disability.
The client is reliant on those caring for her to anticipate and pre-empt her care needs at all times. She requires 2 x PA Carers at all times.
The hours* required are as below:
- Full Time, 30hrs per week plus 2 x Sleeping Nights
- Part time, 14hrs per week plus 1 x Sleeping Night
- Annual Leave/Sickness cover
- Bank hours as available
*Hours are possibly flexible for the right candidate.
There are a range of shifts required and the opportunity to work days and Sleeping nights, as below:
- Sleeping Night Shifts: 10pm-7am, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Sleeping Night Shifts: 10pm-8am, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Day shifts: 8am-3pm & 3pm-10pm, Monday to Sunday
PLEASE NOTE: Experience is preferred but not essential.
A Diploma in Health and Social Care: Level 2 is desirable.
This role requires a kind, caring and genuine individual to assist the client in living at home.
Skills required in this role include being:
- Good at listening
- Good at communicating
- Able to work as part of a team
- Reliable & Punctual
Sleeping Nights are available at a flat rate of £60.00 per night.
Care tasks will include;
- Showering/personal hygiene care
- Dressing/getting up and getting ready for bed
- Monitoring/recording her health
- Administration of medications
- Booking and attending appointments
- Supporting shopping
- Household duties (e.g. laundry, cleaning etc) and
- Support when out/about in the community
To apply for this role you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Any successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, paid for by employer.
If you wish to apply, send your CV to Warrington Disability Partnership FAO the Care and Support Advisor using the reference: ADAH01/EH
Applications accepted by email or post.
Postal: Warrington Disability Partnership, Centre For Independent Living, Unit 1 Beaufort Street, Warrington, WA5 1BA
Tel: 01925 240 064