Three 12hrs days
FULL-TIME SUPPORT/CARE WORKER
To assist a disabled man to maintain an independent life.
Shift – Three 12hrs days 7am to 7pm.
Full Driving Licence required
Very Good rates of pay
Full Personal Care, Domestic Duties, Cooking, driving,,Taking me to appointments, socializing
To assist a 49 year old disabled man with day-to-day activities to maintain an independent life.
I am a sociable and outgoing person with lots of interests. I use an electric wheelchair but also have a manual one. I live independently in a bungalow in the Macclesfield area and have an adapted car with ramp so that I can travel in my wheelchair.
I use a communication device to talk.
I enjoy going out for meals/drinks and having barbecues and general socialising.
I am a member of the Wheelies Sports Club who meet on a Saturday which I and my PA attend. I’m also a member of Stockport’s boccia club. Boccia is a game little bit like bowls.
I also enjoy the company of my friends and family who come to visit me at home on a regular basis or I go and visit them.
I am looking for a Personal Assistant to enable me to maintain my independence. I have care 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
The job will also involve some doctors and dentist appointments, travelling / attending meetings and visits.
• Assistance with personal care, including washing, shaving, toileting, bathing and dressing etc.
• Preparation of all of my food and drinks
• Housework (keeping the house tidy, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, etc
• Shopping for food, clothing and items for the house (I like to shop and this would be a joint activity)
• Social outings
• Honest and reliable
• Tidy appearance
• Good sense of humour/ cheerful
• Computer literacy would be an advantage
• Non smoker preferred
• Clean driving licence essential