2/3 hours a week
The main part of this role is to assist an active female with a physical impairment. They require assistance with a wide variety of household/social activities and attending hospital appointments.
The applicant must have a full clean driving licence, be a confident driver to drive owners wheelchair accessible vehicle, a Citreon Berlingo Multispace.
extra hours available some flexibility required mainly mornings after 10.30 am.
NVQ in social care desirable but not essential
Qualifications and personal qualities required
Personal assistants should be:
• Reliable and trustworthy;
• Able to accept responsibility;
• Able to work on their own and work with initiative as the occasion arises;
• Flexible; able to work during days and evenings
• Female preferred
• Assistance with toileting on occasions but limited
• Support with personal care
• General light household tasks, including making and changing of beds
• Ironing and washing of clothes
• Assisting with shopping including food and clothes
• Assistance with travelling to local hospital appointments, hair appointments,
chiropody appointments and dentist appointments – therefore willingness to travel is
• Confident car driver essential, willing to drive to a wide variety of locations in my
wheelchair accessible vehicle, a citreon berlingo multispace
• On occasions may also include social events including theatre trips, music events,
• Light maintenance of garden, mowing, pruning, planting and watering of garden
• Computer literate
• Meal preparation
• Assistance with medication
• Assist me in areas of interest and hobbies
Note: Needs will vary daily and the Personal Assistant’s duties and tasks will fluctuate accordingly.