20 - 30
At Supportability we provide opportunities and support for disabled adults and children to enable them to lead the life they want. We focus on valuing people, teamwork, being competent and responsive and these values underpin everything we do to make life better for the people we support.
We have vacancies for Personal Assistants to join the team at our Supported Living Scheme in Poynton which is home to a young woman with physical and learning disabilities. She lives an active and rewarding life supported by a team of Personal Assistants who assist her with her sensory awareness and experiences, communication and socialising and all other aspects of daily living. Day shifts fall between the hours of 8am and 10pm and vary in length, the night shift is 10pm – 8am.
We are looking for people who are kind, caring, self-motivated and imaginative to support her with sensory awareness and experience, communication and socialising and all other aspects of daily living. The successful candidate will -
• Be kind, caring, self-motivated and imaginative
• Have the skills and ability to provide person centred support to disabled people;
• Have a positive attitude and a commitment to improving disabled people’s lives;
• Have a full UK driving licence and willing and able to drive a (manual) Motability vehicle;
• Have the confidence and imagination to devise and deliver appropriate activities for people with special needs;
• Be flexible to cover work on a rota basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
In return you can expect the following from us:
• Double pay for bank holidays
• 30 days holiday rising to 40 days with service (inclusive of bank holidays and pro rata for part time staff)
• Induction and training programme
• Occupational Sick Pay
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Opportunities for progression and development via relevant qualifications plus more
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. More information, including the job description can also be found at www.supportability.org.uk.
If you are interested in applying for this position forward your CV to [email protected] or to speak to someone in person, please contact the HR department on 07929 825087 or 07929 825037
We have 3 vacancies at present -
1 x 27 hours per week (Days)
1 x 30 hours per week (Days)
1 x 20 hours per week (Nights)
Due to the personal nature of the duties and in the interests of privacy and dignity, this post is restricted to female applicants only (as allowed by Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.