7 - 14
Support Worker & Friend for Individual (Individual Employer with own Care and Support Team)
• Flexible days working around your days off from your other job/responsibilities. 11am-6pm (extra hours may be available when staff or when individual's parents are on holiday). We use a zero hours contract to offer you the greatest flexibility. There will always be hours for you to work, should you wish to do so. A two month introductory period offered.
£10.50/hour, Training Given. Bebington, Wirral.
What we are looking for:
• Shared values (aspiration, courage, compassion, equality, integrity, partnership).
• A friendly, caring and understanding person who is willing to make a commitment.
• It is desirable if you have personal or professional experience of autism and learning disabilities.
• It is desirable for you to have a driving licence.
• Be able to use the FamilyWall app on your phone for sharing staff availability and rotas.
The individual concerned is a 24 year old young man, full of energy, character and fun. He is non-verbal, autistic with learning disabilities. Although the individual is not able to communicate verbally, he has some limited understanding and can communicate either through doing or through behaviour. The individual loves being out walking, therefore they require somebody who enjoys walking and can keep him safe whilst out in the community.
The individual has a committed and dedicated care team to support him with his care plan which is effectively managed on his behalf by his parents and personal assistant.
• Assist with personal care (toilet needs, bathing, brushing teeth, administering medication);
• Assist with community engagement duties (going on walks, visiting coffee shops, having a picnic, attending the dentist/doctor appointments, meeting family and friends, visiting the hairdresser);
• Assist with domestic duties (food preparation, shopping, clean-as-you-go).
What we offer in return:
• Competitive pay - £10.50/hour (and holiday pay) paid every 4 weeks.
• Lunch provided on the days you work.
• All essential training including first aid and autism awareness and training bespoke to X's needs.
• Funding for a care certificate or diploma in Health and Social Care via Skills for Care, should you wish to undertake this.
We look forward to hearing from anybody who thinks they can help the individual we care for to thrive. Interviews will be an ‘informal chat’ at a mutually convenient time to get to meet one another and provide you a chance to ask any questions. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. A copy of this will be sent to your home address. Two references (written or by phone) are required. It is important that the individual and you both feel comfortable in this role, therefore a two month introductory period is offered.
We look forward to hearing from you.