36 hours per week, various days including weekends and sleeping nights. The current staff Rota means staff often work on a 24 hour shift pattern 8am-8am.
12.00 per hour midweek. 13.00 per hour Saturday and Sunday.
Under the supervision of the Case Manager, to be part of a team providing support with every day activities and assistance with rehabilitation for a client in her own home. Working as a member of a 2:1 support team, meeting the needs of the client as requested and in line with her Care Plan and Support & Rehabilitation Programmes.
Female support worker to help assist with personal care duties, medication management, domestic responsibilities, rehabilitation support duties, social and leisure support and other duties as identified in the client care plan.
Previous experience in a similar role desirable, must be able to work as part of a team and using own initiative.
Please note as part of this role, you will be required to work at weekends and sleeping nights and also must be able to drive.
Our client; a lady who has an acquired brain injury
Family and friends of our client.
Team of therapists
Other members of the Support Team
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining the client’s safety and well-being at all times in accordance with risk assessments and direction but also using initiative where necessary.
- Communicate and interact with client, listen to her wishes and act on these as appropriate.
- Medication management.
- Completing daily reports, monitoring forms and handover documentation.
- Attending regular 1:1 supervision with the Team Leader or Case Manager.
- Attending staff meetings and training.
- Manual handling.
PERSONAL CARE DUTIES:
- Assisting with personal care; showering, bathing.
- Make-up application, hair styling.
- Assistance with toileting.
DOMESTIC SUPPORT DUTIES:
- Assisting with preparation of food as required.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and living areas, as necessary.
REHABILITATION SUPPORT DUTIES:
- Work in line with guidance, instructions and training received from client, support team, the rehabilitation team and Case Manager.
- Promote independence in line with rehabilitation goals and guidelines.
- Provide support to client and therapists during therapy sessions.
- Potential involvement in hydro-therapy sessions.
SOCIAL AND LEISURE SUPPORT DUTIES:
- Promoting social inclusion and a diverse range of activities.
- Generating ideas for trips out, pro-actively seeking opportunities and exploring how this could be achieved.
- Active involvement in activities, at client’s request.