Various hours which will include weekends
We are looking for someone to assist a married couple (who happens to have a physical disability) in their daily living, family life and social activities.
The role involves all aspects of personal and social care, to enable them to maintain their family life in their own home. The social care involves attending events, cinema, going out as a couple and as a family with their 16 year old son.
You will be someone who can demonstrate excellent social skills, has a practical, hands-on approach to life, has a full driving licence and most importantly possesses a good sense of humour!
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Able to accept responsibility
• Able to use their own initiative
• Willing to learn
• Able to work on their own and as part of a team
• A sensitive kind and supportive nature
• Able to follow instructions under Employers direction
• A full UK driving license is required
• Requirement to drive disabled access vehicles – you must be confident at driving long distances in all conditions including motorway driving.
• Flexibility required as you may need to accompany the individuals on holidays or weekend breaks
• Understanding of safeguarding issues
• A DBS is required and the cost will be met by the employer.
• To follow the care plans guided by individuals.
• Personal care; toileting, bathing, feeding.
• To perform routine tasks such as; cleaning and tidying the home, washing clothes and cooking meals.
• Support at hospital appointments.
• Support at social activities.
• Shopping for food, domestic products and clothing etc.
• Operating equipment such as hoists etc
• To administer medication.
• Cooking skills would be beneficial.
• Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
• Assisting with cough assist machine and Non invasive ventilator. Relevant training will be given
Looking for a number of carers to cover 53 hours a week - hours to be agreed.