PART-TIME EXPERIENCED ASSISTANT REQUIRED
Personal care assistant for 41-year-old disabled woman with Muscular Dystrophy. Looking for an EXPERIENCED female Carer/Personal Assistant to help her with all aspects of her daily life, to include her personal care and household chores such as washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning. Shazia is a wheelchair user and is severely disabled living in Manchester with her family. In addition, she’s given nutrition and medication through a peg (a tube inserted in her stomach), which you would be trained to administer. Shazia uses a ventilator 24/7 to help her breathe which you will also be trained to use.
The suitable candidate must have experience in caring, excellent communication skills, be competent, fit, energetic and motivated but also, importantly, kind, patient and trustworthy.
We are looking to hire a new PA to work with Shazia at home as part of a team of PA's (5 at moment). We’re looking for someone full-time and permanent who can work days and nights and to be available to cover for other members of the PA team from time to time.
The day time rate of pay is £9 per hour. The waking-night rate is £10.50 for 9 hours. There are 5.6 weeks per year paid holiday (pro-rata) and statutory sick pay and double pay on bank holidays. The person appointed should ideally live reasonably locally.
Please e-mail your CV and a short email of application providing contact details and saying why you are interested and how you meet the above requirements.
Successful applicant will be need to pass a full DBS check paid for by employer.
We are looking for a part time carer to join our team. The work includes support with all aspects of daily living and includes:
• Bathing in bed/ bathroom/chair & hoisting,
• Helping in and out of bed/wheelchair & hoist,
• Assisting with dressing and undressing, and coordinating my outfits so I look nice,
• Attention to personal grooming, care of hair, nails feet, eyes etc,
• Assisting with eating and drinking,
• Communicate with me; talking, listening, this is more important to ensure my needs are met,
• Daily exercise, movement of limbs as required, mainly in the mornings/afternoons,
• Taking me out on trips via minibus or taxi assisting me in & out of a vehicle,
• Administering medication,
• Using medical equipment - ventilators, nebuliser,
• Making and changing of the bed,
• Laundry – washing and ironing,
• Housework, including cleaning, dusting, vacuum cleaning of rooms, furniture and fitments,
• Other general areas of household maintenance and shopping,
• Preparation, cooking of meals and washing up.
A female preferred, non-smoker. The role includes support with all aspects of daily living. Experience is preferable 2 years in similar care work and qualification in care i.e. NVQ 2 standard.
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic committed people to join our team. Successful applicants will be expected to work as part of a team in providing planned care and support. As a member of the team you will may be required to compete training. It is essential that you have, flexibility to work shifts over a 7 day period, excellent communication skills, full driving licence and own transport. A DBS check will be carried out, but will be funded by the employer.
The PA should have the physical skills to assist in lifting, pushing a wheelchair and bending. One does not have to be a strong person physically to do the job, but general good health and fitness are considered to be an advantage.
The PA will respect the families’ confidentiality and privacy at all times and will undergo an DBS.
• Must be a caring individual.
• Ability to accept responsibility.
• Reliability and trustworthiness.
• Willingness to learn the job well.
• Able to deal with measurements/figures relating to medication.
• Caring attitude
• Clean and neat appearance
• Friendly, easy going manner
• Sense of humour
• Able to work with or without direct supervision
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Supportive and positive attitude
• A good understanding of the condition and its symptoms/effects
• Hard Working
• Cooking skills
• Act without instruction when required
• Sensitive to others
• Easy going
• Works well with others